Things I Want To Like But Don’t
1) Cooking. I’d like to be that lady who makes memorable dishes that make you feel all cozy and at home. But precision ain’t my thing when it comes to kitchen chemistry.
2) Taking photographs. Cameras = machines. Enough said.
3) Gardening. Theoretically nice, except it’s really boring and I hate that gritty feeling when your hands are dirty. (Yes, I’ll be in my castle if you need me. Don’t forget to pull up the drawbridge when you come in.)
4) Drinking wine. Unless we’re in Europe. Then maybe I can drink it and like it. But usually it tastes yucky and I feel like a great big faker drinking it and pretending it’s not barfing me out.
5) Yoga. It’s really good for you, I’ve heard, except for the part where I hate every second of every pose I’m doing the entire time. So there’s that.
6) France. It might be fine, if you didn’t have to speak and know French.
7) Old movies. I just feel sorry for their paltry, ancient special effects.
8) Live music. It’s just so LOUD. And there’s so many PEOPLE rubbing up against you. Ugh.