* Like her father, she sleeps with one eye slightly open.
* Once when she was four, she told me, “Mom, my back is aching from all the stuff I gotta do.”
* Cannot stand Humpty Dumpty. He grosses her out, I imagine, in the same way the Alice in Wonderland story grosses me out. If we’re reading a book with any Humpty Dumpty images in it, she puts her hand over the picture or makes me turn the page.
* Calls her underpants “my veejay case.”
* When Adrian was traveling a lot to Asia a few years back, I asked her if she missed him and she said, “Yeah, we could use a little more Hairy Larry around here.”
* Likes eating the following: kipper snacks, pickles, carrots, green peppers, cucumbers, black beans, mac + cheese, tomato soup, chives straight from our garden, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, peaches, plums, green beans, brocolli, cauliflower, pumpernickel (“brown bread”), shrimp
* Dislikes eating the following: chicken nuggets, peanut butter, cheese on sandwiches. WHY IS THIS
* Has entertained becoming a dentist, librarian, teacher and book writer when she grows up
* Does not like to play soccer: “Too much running and kicking.”
* Loves going to the dentist for some strange reason.